A 19-year-old female presents 2 hours after ingesting 50 x 200 mg of ibuprofen. She is not unwell but complains of severe epigastric pain. She refuses activated charcoal, but an intravenous catheter is inserted.
A 35-year-old female ingested 15 x 250 mg of mefenamic acid with alcohol. She presents to the emergency department with a decreased level of consciousness and unable to give any further history.
A 19-year-old female initially presented to hospital after ingesting 20 x 500 mg of naproxen with vomiting and epigastric pain. She had no other medical history. She was given activated charcoal and admitted overnight. She was seen the following morning and noted to be dehydrated. She was discharged home. Two days later she represented to the emergency department with bilateral loin pain.
A 2-year-old boy weighing 14 kg is suspected to have ingested 6 x 400 mg ibuprofen tablets. He is asymptomatic.