At the end of this module, students should be able to:
· Understand the mechanisms underlying the toxicity of these agents
· Undertake a risk assessment of poisoning
· Be aware of agents that have a delayed onset or protracted time course of poisoning and how patients should be monitored
· Understand the role and limitations of specific antidotes, where available
· Develop an approach for the treatment of these drugs, as single ingestants or co-ingestants.
Analgesics and Anti-inflammatory NSAID Poisoning